Monday, August 28, 2006

Under the rainbow

Remember when you learned that there really wasn't an end to the rainbow. Probably something you learned in elementary school. That it was just an illusion that the rainbow ended somewhere? Well, Friday evening, the rainbow ended in my backyard!

Passionfruit came home from work. I was getting dinner ready. He says, "I'm watering the yard." I look out and say, "Okay." What I saw was lots of wind blowing at the trees and water spraying everywhere. Passionfruit quickly realized that I didn't realize that it was raining. So he drew my attention to the backyard again. The sun was shining. Wind was blowing. It was raining pretty good. Then I looked up and saw the rainbow. I always follow the arc of the rainbow looking for the end. After years of looking I finally found the end! I was thrilled! I was excited! I was mystified! There was the end of the rainbow in my backyard. It sat on top of my grass just a few feet from my willow trees.

I found a very wordy explanation of rainbows. I don't have time to read all of it but I didn't find anything saying that the end of the rainbow is impossible. In fact one of the paragraphs led me to believe that the end is possible under certain conditions which don't often get met.

Then I did a little research looking for information on the end of the rainbow and discovered that at least 30 other people have seen the end of the rainbow, too. Most everyone who experienced this found great joy. Some even felt a spiritual connection-- like they were blessed.

1 comment:

Adjective Queen said...

Did you go out and check for gold? Surely there had to be something out there. But I think a spiritual experience is a pretty good trade-off.