Friday, August 04, 2006

AHHHHHH! They're soo cute!

Mornings really aren't so good in my family. I am constantly having to keep the kids on track. Things like: No you can't watch TV; No you can't play; Have you brushed your teeth?; Have you washed your face?; Will you please get dressed!

Every morning I say the above things like a thousand times to each of my children. Most mornings one of them melts down. It seems like they take turns. Do they agree with one another at some point? Do they get together on Mondays and say, "Okay, I'll take Monday, you can have Tuesday and Miss Independence you can choose Wednesday or Thursday."?

Anyway, the amazing thing this morning is no one melted down! We had a relatively nice morning. Sure I still said all those things to the kids but no one melted down. No one screamed or cried (this includes me).

I did want to share one thing that happened which had Passionfruit and me in stitches. Drama Queen came out to the kitchen while Passionfruit and I were inhaling our breakfast. I asked her whether she had brushed her teeth. DQ replied that she not only brushed her teeth but she did the bubbly thing. Passionfruit and I looked at each other with questions in our eyes. Both hoping the other had more information. Realizing that we were clueless as to this bubbly thing, we caught DQ with another question, "What's the bubbly thing?"

DQ, sighs, and exclaims, "You know! I brushed my teeth, and then I put water in my mouth." At this point she puffs out her cheeks bends a bit at the waist and swishes her little bottom back and forth. I know, I know, I'm her mother but this really is the cutest little display. It was one of those moments that Passionfruit and I wish we could have caught on video tape.

Then I thought of the blog. I decided to enter these cute things here to record their cuteness.

A couple of years ago Storyteller was stark naked crouching on the kitchen floor sucking her thumb. She and her sippy cup of milk next to her. It was a quiet morning moment. Just hanging out minding her own business.

Then she passed gas. She looks up at me and says in a matter of fact tone, "That was my bottom burping." How quaint is that?

I know that Miss Independence has said some funny things but I can't think of them right now. One time she wanted more milk so she violently slide her sippy cup at me. I returned it to her and told her to try again. Next thing I know she repeats her action. She did exactly what I told her to do. It really was quite funny. It also taught me a lesson that Miss Independence is very literal.

1 comment:

Adjective Queen said...

This is why I used to write down everything cute the boys said and include a retelling in their birthday letters each year.