Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Fremont St. Rules

I celebrated my birthday Sunday. It was a good birthday. The kids were well behaved and excited about the party. My family came over for a lunch party. I received several cards with cats on them. One of my sisters couldn't resist. I hate cats for those that don't know. Plus we recently had a cat volunteer to be our pet. I finally took it to the pound. I co-worker made me feel better; she said, "That way the owners can be reunited with the kitten." I no longer feel guilty about doing that.

We ate so late in the afternoon that by 6:00PM I wasn't hungry and I had to force myself to fix a dinner for the kids. DQ and I played UNO together. We started out with MI and ST but they quickly lost interest. Actually MI wanted to play the game her way.

Which leads me to last night. MI came home with homework. It's a game. After dinner MI and ST were playing it. Passionfruit, DQ and I were still eating. We over heard MI saying that they were cheating at the game. She said this with pride. I told her she wasn't cheating; she was playing by Fremont St. rules (this is the street my father grew up on and their rules never remained the same and always changed to benefit the players in possession of the ball.) MI turned and told me she was too cheating. So I left it at that since MI was getting upset. I think my father would have loved it.

2 comments:

QueenBee said...

Yeah, that is why I refuse to play with DQ because the rules change! I play for fun and it bothers me when others play to win (all the time!)

Adjective Queen said...

Hey, the oldest makes the rules. That's the one benefit of being the oldest.