Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Drama Queen

Oh my gosh folks. Drama Queen is a wreck. I mean it. This morning she spent some time dancing around the kitchen. I had watched her. But then I turned around to stuff the dishwasher. Suddenly I hear this huge loud clunck that reverberated through the whole house.

Drama Queen in all her enthusiasm for the dance must have lost her balance and knocked her head on the door jamb. I knew she had to have the biggest headache. I mean this child is lucky she did not knock herself out with that little stunt.

On my drive to work this morning. I wondered what happened to my graceful little girl. Instead of the beautiful, flowing arm movements DQ slings her arms and her legs around. Inhibition has set in on this child. It makes her stiff. How did this happen? When did she become aware of others. Why? Why is she not graceful anymore? Why do I cringe watching her dance? Now. Now, I must worry about her flinging herself into solid objects. Is she going to be the one who is going to be the walking wounded one?

To top off all this DQ is becoming the most emotional girl in the world. I may run off to a nunnery to survive her coming of age.

No comments: