Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I'm going to be catty

Alright, the other night Passionfruit asked me why I hates cats so when I do such a good impression of one. I don't know? Maybe it's some form of self loathing.

Anyway, Miss Independence has a new classmate at school. She's an adorable little girl but I can't stand the mother. The mother looks all of 12 years old. She is pencil thin. She smokes Marlboros and drives a fancy red sports car. I'm figuring that the woman is actually in her early twenties. Apparently she is going to school in some sort of health capacity for she often wears a white doctor's coat.

Now I know it's none of my business but I happened to hear her discussion with one of the office workers today. Every parent has to fill out this form for the federal food program. Our family doesn't qualify because we make too much money. Now this mom asked for help with filling out the form. (I did to. It is some what confusing to fill out.) What I heard next pretty much made me mad. This chick asked how does one qualify. Answer-- based on your income. Chick said, "Oh! Then I'm sure we qualify." I just about butted in at that point. My question is how the hell do you qualify when you drive a foreign sports car of a recent vintage? Her clothes aren't cheap either. So this is where I turn into a raving red state person. How do these people get on to these programs? I really doubt she qualifies. I mean the insurance on the car alone is quite a handsome sum. Oh! I get it! She can't afford food because she's got a car she really can't afford. And she wastes a large portion of her income on cancer sticks! (Don't tell me this chick doesn't know the dangers of smoking. Anyone my age or younger has been bombarded with the anti-smoking campaigns. So, you see I don't believe anyone younger than me can say they didn't know what smoking can do to you.)

Often I've imagined what this little girl's life must be like. They are constantly late. We have to drop the kids off before 9:00AM. I got special permission to come in after 9:00 because I've got others that I have to get to school. I happen to know this Mama doesn't have this permission. This Mama also expects them to feed her child. Breakfast is already over by the time she makes it in with her baby. So I can only wonder whether this Mama spends late nights doing drugs and turning tricks. Harsh, I know but I just don't like this woman. There is something about her that makes my skin crawl. I can't abide young people who smoke. Mainly because I can hear them 20 or 30 years from now saying, "I didn't know these things were going to kill me. I didn't know that they could injure my lungs and every part of my body." I guess another reason why this chick bothers me so is she is working in the health profession! Talk about being a hypocrite. That's it! I look at her and I see a hypocrite.

I'd like to finish with some thoughts about myself. I am not a perfect person. I have huge character faults. But I don't think I'm a phoney. You pretty much know where you stand with me. I have very strong opinions and I express them. I'm not going to make any apologies for myself. I do not like hypocrites and I especially hate yes people. I mean what's the point of living if your going to be wishy-washy. Have an opinion and stand up for it.

2 comments:

Adjective Queen said...

But what if you don't like conflict? That's what I like about you, girl, you tell it like it is. At least we know where you stand. I hate two-faced people. But why don't you like cats? They're sweet!

QueenBee said...

You were correct in your statment that we have the same thoughts. I get so frustrated with students that come in dressed to the nines and then come by and ask me for pencil or paper! Why are they here?! Don't even get me started on parents who buy their kids every gadget, every name brand and then claim they can't pay an activity/workbook fee. Maybe she stills lives at home with her mom, maybe they are buying the car and paying the insurance. At any rate, she is not being taught responsibility. Pretty evident in the way she waltzes in with her daughter.

I hate hypocrisy too. When you said she was a smoker and is employed in the health field, my radar went up immediately. Okay, I need to write my own entry on this subject.