Sunday, November 05, 2006

Five? Ten? Who's counting?

Got a big surprise last night. The library system decided to recognize me as having 10 years of service. What a pleasant surprise! So I'm not totally certain what's going to happen. I suppose I'll get the pin with a stone in it. Looking forward to seeing it.

It was fun to see a lot of folks that I haven't seen in sometime. Everyone looked so nice all dressed up.

Looking at my employment at the college it won't be long before I get 5 years in there. 2009 it will be 5 years at the community college. They have a nice luncheon but nothing like what the public library does for its employees.

2 comments:

QueenBee said...

Congratulations! I still have my pin that I received for five years of service. I plan on making it to five in 2010 and I think I'll get a certificate and luncheon too.

Adjective Queen said...

Better follow up on that! Call and make sure they get you a pin with that little synthetic ruby chip. It was fun to see you two last night.