Tuesday, September 26, 2006

In honor of Halloween

The other day while driving to work I had to keep looking at my hand. It felt as though there was a bug crawling across my hand. One of those phantom feelings. Maybe I'm alone in these feelings? As a child I would frequently get a feeling on my shoulder. It felt like someone with long, sharp finger nails grabbed me and held on to me with all their might. It was quite painful. It would happen anytime. It didn't matter if I was active or playing quietly. I use to think I was haunted.

Another thing that happened to me was a large, black spider that haunted me. This spider would drop out of no where. It would totally freak me out. I would shreak and jump back only to watch the thing disappear like it never existed in the first place. Sometimes I really thought I was going crazy because it would disappear and I don't mean that it would slip between cracks. I mean it simply vanished into thin air. One time I was playing with a Barbie Dream house. Not mine. But I remember I was alone. That black spider dropped from the ceiling of the second story down to the first. I screeched and jumped back. Then it simply vanished. It didn't race out of the windows or any of the doors. IT JUST VANISHED!

Now I just get the creepy crawly feelings in my skin. Maybe it's that stupid spider slinking around. Isn't the mind freaky? Who needs drugs when you've got a mind that can conjure up all these weird experiences?

I just tried to find a picture to link to for the Barbie dream house. I couldn't find one, Does anyone remember the rather large pink houses with elevators and veranda or deck type? They were expansive. They took up so much room. That was the reasons why my parents, a.k.a Santa, never got me one. That and the price. They simply couldn't afford it. Modern Barbie dream houses are not quite so large. They weren't as tall as this one but spread out.

1 comment:

Adjective Queen said...

I remember! How I wanted one. My neighbor friend had one. She had so many cool Barbie things. Her dad even made her handmade Barbie furniture. But that dreamhouse -- how I wanted that dreamhouse!