Thursday, September 07, 2006

The future Miss Independence

I recently saw Miss Independence standing in my kitchen. I suddenly had a flash into the future-- there was Miss Independence as a young woman. She is dressed in black leather pants and jacket. Her blond hair flows down her back in waves. I realize Miss Independence just dismounted from a Harley. What a picture!

Another time while I played with Miss Independence I had a sense that she might be the one who will leave home first. Only to return for the micro visits that her Texas uncle has perfected. I remember telling Passionfruit about this feeling. I think he agreed.

However, this morning while lying on the ground Miss Independence saw me hug her older sister, and she called to me, "I haven't gotten my mommy hugs this morning." I got down and scooped her up and hugged her for all she's worth. Then Miss Independence said, "Hug me forever, Mommy!" Oh wow! What a wonderful feeling that was!

No comments: