Thursday, June 22, 2006

Why are women such bitches?

I work in a female dominated world. I am a female. So I feel quite qualified to discuss the topic of women as bitches. I can be a bitch. And if you are reading this and are a woman then you know you can be a bitch too. That is, if you are mortally honest with yourself.

When I was growing up I did not have many girl friends. Actually, girls always seemed to hate me. They seemed to take such joy out of making my life difficult. They would taunt me and make fun of me. So I turned to the little boys. Boys are such simple folk. They are relatively easy to get along with. You play by the rules and on occassion understand that the rules may change but not too frequently and you got along just fine. Little girls on the other hand are all cloak and dagger stuff. Alliances shift quickly. Play never has set and steady rules. They are just plain mean. I hate to say this but little girls haven't changed much since I was one.

Well, what do you suppose happens when all those little girls grow up? It's all the same thing just the stakes are often higher. Which is really sad because women really need other women. Yet, we just can't do it. We can't get over the petty little girl crap. We still have the popular girls who get all the "good" stuff. (Although, they can have it, I certainly don't want any of it.) But then we've got the other packs that coalesce. Women of like minds find each other. They create these really great bonds together. Then there are the snipers. Man they are a mean group. They go after you. You might not even know why it's happening. I would place my self with the loners. I have friends but they are few and far between.

So I've lost the train of my thoughts because I don't really want to get too specific here about the catalyst for this tirade because I am being targeted by a sniper. She is trying to take me down. I really don't want to fight. I don't have any energy left for this crap. I/I told me to not forget I'm the professional but yet I/I doesn't know that I have bigger things on my plate right now. Well I don't know where I'm going but I suppose I'm on my way.

1 comment:

Adjective Queen said...

What about confronting the sniper and telling her you know what she's trying to do? Would that give her pause?