Friday, June 16, 2006

Tuesday I took the girls for ice cream sundaes. I just wanted to give them a nice treat. Well all went well until we tried to leave Braums. Then Miss Independence and Drama Queen fought over the bag with the ham in it. They fought from the store all the way to the car. I didn't do anything to stop the fracas. Each girl thought she was right. I just wanted a peaceful event but that didn't happen.

Storyteller was quite pleased with herself because I told her she was the only one behaving well. To this day she clings to this praise. Yesterday, something happen and Storyteller said, "I was the only one good at Braum's".

Drama Queen got so upset with me over the ham debacle that she screamed, "I won't ever, ever talk to you again, today; unless I want a drink or something." I laughed. Doesn't the legal profession seem to be calling her? DQ is such a little attorney. She looks for the loopholes all the time.

When I think about what the future might hold for my girls I get two different thoughts. One is the pessimisstic reality of the world. The other is pure hope. I hope my girls don't ever have anything happen to them that will destroy their innocence, joy, and happiness. I hope that they grow into productive, kind individuals. I hope that they don't attract the wrong kind of people.

1 comment:

Adjective Queen said...

Aaah, fighting over the ham. How well I can relate! My own offspring pick the strangest things to battle over: who touched the yellow blanket first, who get the cup without the chip, who get to sit in the back seat of the van. It drives me crazy!