Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My manifesto

Years ago I stopped shaving my legs. I have never regreted this action. In fact I feel a sense of liberation, I also do not wear make-up. This leads to a sense of liberation. It also sets me apart from the majority of women in this part of the country.

To give you an example, for the past 6 months, I've been taking my mother to get her hair done weekly at what is the local "Clip an' Curl". Last week I went with my small daughters to give their grandma her Mother's day gift a few days late. Well it is darn hot here of late I and I think summer has set in early this year. I was dressed in a pair slacks that came down to just below my knees. Cowgirl says to me, "GIRL! I thought my legs were bad. You need to shave them legs!"

Now, perhaps my response wasn't what it should have been. Since my girls were with me perhaps I should have demonstrated constraint and grace. But no, this did not happen, instead I regaled the ladies with my manifesto. I believe that our society is a pedaphile society. I mean we expect women to maintain the weight of young girls. We demand that the legs and arm pits of women should look like the limbs of girls. I went on to explain to the ladies present that real women have curves. Real women have a certain amount of body fat, if not then the body doesn't work right. Real women have hair on their legs and arm pits.

Well needless to say that the room was silent in shock and horror. I had put a name on society, an ugly, nasty name. I had shocked the sensiblities of these women. What's worse I accused them indirectly of participating in this ugliness. But I'm sorry, you rude enough to mention my legs which haven't seen a razor in a couple of decades you can hear and deal with my manifesto.

1 comment:

Adjective Queen said...

I wish I could have been there to see the look on their faces. Priceless!