Wednesday, May 10, 2006

It was a cold, wet, rainy morning

I woke up this morning to the beautiful sound of rain. Since the Fall rain has been scarce around here. So many days went by where there were clouds in the sky promising to send the main ingredient of life on this planet. These weren't the large puffy white clouds of blue sky days; no, these were dark brooding clouds filled with water. They would hang the sky teasing us for days.

How I hated those days. I could see the essential water hanging over our heads but never once dropping life's essence on us. No, it would wait for hundreds of miles before it would finally reach that stage where it would release the precious commodity. Unfortunately, where that life sustaining force fell to Earth those folks were not in need of it. In fact floods were the result of that gift from heaven.

How I would rail against the whimsy of the creator. Why the cruel games? Why deprive those so in need? Why cause others to be overwhelmed?

Now we've been getting our rains. I'm so grateful for these storms. I laid in bed this morning giving glory for the rain. Oh what a wonderful sound on the roof! The greenish aquarium light of a rainy morning makes one realize what a fish might feel swimming in a tank. Thank you for this wonderful gift.

1 comment:

Adjective Queen said...

The other day, I actually danced in the rain. I was that thrilled. I hated the fall and lack of moisture. I vowed the first real rain, I'd dance. And I did.