Saturday, December 23, 2006

Storyteller's broken heart

I need help. Storyteller has a friend from the old private school. We tried to keep in contact with the girl but her family never return our calls. I didn't want to make a nuisance of ourselves so I finally stopped allowing Storyteller to call her friend. I thought that Storyteller would eventually forget her but it's been 6 months now.

Yesterday Storyteller told me that "Ami" is her best friend in all the world but "She's like an ice cube. Once she was here but now she's all melted. There's nothing left." OH MY GOSH! HOW SAD IS THAT? My heart broke for this child. All Storyteller wants to do is go and play with this little girl.

I don't understand why they won't return phone calls. I thought that perhaps they didn't want to continue the friendship because we live in a different town from them. We are always in that other town. I don't know if they realize this.

Anyway, now I wonder whether I should write the other family a note asking whether we could get together for a playdate. Should I explain that we spend a lot of time in their town? We're there at least 2 days a week. I really don't know what to do. I'm as lost and confused as my little Storyteller.

All I know is that my little Storyteller is mourning the lose of her friend. My heart breaks for Storyteller. I just want to find those people and beg them to keep in contact with us. So any words of wisdom would be welcomed. If you have some insight this situation I would be more than happy to entertain all suggestions.

2 comments:

Adjective Queen said...

LegoGuy had a friend like that. He just loved being friends with this little boy. We tried to keep it up for awhile when they moved way north of the city, but after awhile, no phone calls, then silence. At least he was older so I could tell him that life is filled with hellos and goodbyes, and this was one of those goodbyes. Sometimes he comes across pictures of this kid in our scrapbooks and remembers who much fun they used to have. It is sad, but this is what builds character, I guess. Heartache.

pastgrace said...

Well, I let Storyteller write a note and sent a Christmas card with a picture in it. I hope there is some sort of response for Storyteller's sake. She is so lonely. She thinks that her life would be much happier with this little girl in it.

But you are right it is heartache that builds character. It's just so sad that it has to start so soon.