Thursday, July 06, 2006

My kitchen table

This is the day Bethany comes! Bethany is a young college girl working her little heart out to get through school. Personally I think she is over extending herself. She's working like three or four jobs now. I hired her to clean my house once a week. She's been coming to our house for two years now.

Anyway, I'm always excited by this event. See, I have a kitchen table. It is an oval top on top of a pedastool bottom. Passionfruit bought this for me for our fifth anniversary. I love this table but that's not why I'm excited. What's really exciting is Bethany cleaning. Everytime she comes the table moves to a different orientation in the room or a different location. I look forward to see where it might be in the room or how she aligns it under the light fixture. She has done somethings I never even thought of but I truly liked the results.

I'm pretty certain I'm the only one that feels this way. In fact, I know that Drama Queen is frequently put out because Bethany doesn't get the seating back properly. Usually it is DQ's chair that isn't in the proper place. The other three family members don't seem to react at all to the moving table.

So I sit here wondering, "where will the kitchen table be today?" Hmmmm? Will it tick off Drama Queen? Just a little bit of joy in an ordinary day.

No comments: