Monday, June 09, 2008

A Rainy Summer Day

Today it rained. It rained. And it rained.

It wasn't simple rain. There were intermittent thunderstorms. So how do you explain to children that no it's not okay to go to the pool during a thunderstorm. Or how about it's not a good idea to have your father's computer on during a thunderstorm.

So my day was spent washing clothes; I read a book; I tried to encourage the children to read; I played a couple of games of Clue.

The kids were bored. Although MI loved the fact that she could watch movies all morning and early afternoon long.

Don't think rain is going to be much of an issue this summer. I think this is going to be one of those dry, humid summers that is going to kill me.

3 comments:

QueenBee said...

Rain, heat...it all keeps me inside. LP and LB have been alternating The Bee Movie and Alvin and the Chipmunks all day.

Adjective Queen said...

We lost power for awhile. Luckly, I was at work and didn't have to deal with the kids. Raining and no power -- nightmare.

Anonymous said...

Hey Queenbee! My kids love Alvin and the Chipmunks, too. Read one of your posts that cracked me up because I often here a small child voice doing a deep bass voice, "Major Rock Star!" My kids love that line.

pastgrace