Thursday, June 05, 2008

My fear

I have a deep fear of being alone.

I've never been on my own. I went from my parents house to my husbands house. I've never been tested and tried.

I guess the companion fear is "How well will I deal with being on my own?"

We have a book at our library that I purchased at the request of an adjunct. It's called, Suddenly single mom by T.J. Terry. I glanced through it when it came in to be cataloged and thought there was a lot of good information and wisdom. I think it's important to remember that this book exists, and being an academic library it isn't likely that the book will be weeded anytime.

Adj. Queen. Girl. Everyone is afraid of roaches. They are plain nasty creatures. As far as someone making you eat one... I think you've watched too much TV!

Think about it. Roaches will probably survive a nuclear holocaust. Okay. They'll mostly like come out of it "bigger and better" for it, too. ;-)

2 comments:

QueenBee said...

I guess as a single mother, I just relish the thought of having some alone time. I lived alone from 21-25 and enjoyed the freedom. Looking forward to those days...

Anonymous said...

See you've already done it. I never have. I thought about you when I was righting this post. I hope you know I hugely (probably not a word) admire you. You are someone I look up to. I think you are one of the most courageous women I know.

pastgrace