Thursday, March 06, 2008

Spit shines

I went through my childhood getting spit shines from my mother. I apparently was a messy child. My mom even made up a song that rhymed and everything about me having a dirty face. I knew when I was really dirty because my mom would whip out a kleenex; wet it down with saliva and go after me.

Did I pass this down to my children? Not so much. I kinda like seeing my children run around with messy faces. But there have been occassions where I've licked my finger and went after a smudge or two. My children think it's kinda gross. They sometimes resist mightily. That thought never crossed my mind as a child. Maybe I knew resistance was futile.

Anyway I've found a picture with a caption I love to go with this post.

1 comment:

Adjective Queen said...

Sport told me last Sunday he was too old for a spit shine. I still have the impulse to do it, even with Lego. Weird, eh?