Tuesday, March 04, 2008

MI and my struggle with her

I think we've all heard the phrase "You're driving me to drink..." Well I'm trying to lose weight. I can't say that I've done the best of jobs but I have lost 5 pounds. But I think I'm going to end up gaining it all back due to my sweet MI.

That child is driving me to eat. I want to reward myself for not killing her, or even hitting this morning. Right now I'm hankering after a cup of java with chocolate and cream heaped on to it. This really pisses me off since I am no longer tipping the scales at 200 lbs. I'm down to 193 and I want to keep going but this child is really challenging me.

I have a question, "What the hell is apple pan dowdy?" I know I won't want to eat it because I'm sure it's cooked apples and I hate cooked apples.

I still plan on going and getting that cup of coffee but I won't have anything else today that will jeopardize my weight loss. Oh, are you curious about my goal. I want to get down to 140. So my goal isn't all that crazy. At 140 I wear a size 12.

2 comments:

QueenBee said...

Just remember, everything in moderation. So go ahead and have that latte or whatever it is...just don't have it daily.

Lately, when DQ gets my blood boiling, I've been going for a walk. Works wonders...Good luck. No, you don't have an unrealistic goal, just takes time. My goal is just live healthier and since I know my habits took time to develop, I realize it will take just as much time to develop better habits.

Best of luck to you!

Adjective Queen said...

I have my own trial child. Sport and his volatile temper and emotional meltdowns cause me to shut down. I hide in my bedroom. The other morning, he was up at 5 a.m. to watch a wrestling match he'd taped from the night before. I had to yell at him to get him to go back to bed. Yelling at 5 in the morning. I'm going to die of a stroke, I know it.

Apple pan dowdy is full of apples and cinnamon and something breadlike and I really didn't like it.