Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My kids

Here are some cute things the kids have said over the last few days.

MI's favorite saying right now, "I want to be like God." or "I'm trying to be like God." This is funny because her behavior prior to these proclamations is less than God like. Well if you believe God is loving and kind. If your god is more like the Old Testament God full of wrath and swift punishment then I suppose MI's behavior reflects that.

ST announced yesterday that Parker thinks she is "H-O-T". He apparently chases her around the playground at recess. I think there's been some kissing going on, too. I told her to tell him to keep his lips and body to himself.

DQ. Oh my! DQ is looking more like a teenager everyday. She left the mini-van yesterday without me telling her I love her. I almost rolled the window down to call after her, "I love you." but realized that she would probably die a death of mortification. She is so into music. DQ loves RadioDisney. We have to listen to it in the mini-van. It's the only place we get a decent reception. I'm pretty sure she has a crush on Zac Efron. But hey, Mommy thinks he's a cutie, too. Love his smile!

That said, is it said when you know the lyrics to both High School Musicals? I find myself listening to RadioDisney sans children. During the middle of the day they play songs that appeal to a much younger crowd. Oh I don't know... preschoolers to toddlers. I have a song running through my head lately from this time period. It is pretty catchy and fun. Oh well, I've always been a kid at heart. "The window, the window... you toss it out the window."

2 comments:

Adjective Queen said...

I just cataloged 2 vocal scores, one for High School Musical, the other for High School Musical 2. You should get them and do some family sing-alongs!

pastgrace said...

We have the karoke CD. DQ knows all the songs by heart. It seems like it only takes her a second or two to memorize those songs.