Wednesday, January 16, 2008

To be enlightened

After being on the market for approximately 8 to 9 months our house out by the lake sold. Anyone who's sold/bought a house knows there were snafus and snags. An inspection of the house proved that the house needed to be lifted a bit. The oven stopped working sometime during the last 3 years. But overall the house was in good condition. Once we figured out how to fix those issues so we could close relatively quickly the process went pretty smoothly.

We did get pretty close to the asking price. I was just gratefull that PF accepted the bid without any haggling. I remember the night that PF handed me the contract. We were in a restuarant. I jumped up and did a dance. People looked up from their meals to watch me. I didn't care. I was just so happy.

Now we have money. We no longer look at every purchase and wonder if it is essential to our living. Now we can go into Quiznos and get the kids a bag of chips and a drink and buy a children's meal at the competition next door. I've got big plans for that money that we spent on the morgtage. We are going to start saving for the kids education. We aren't going to have a seperate account for each of them. It's all going to go into one account. It will be our money-- not their's.

I'm also going to go out shopping for kitchen chairs, material to recover the dining room chairs and to make a valance for the dining room window. Our other expense we plan to do is put in a fence. I'm tired of the neighbor's dog's poop in our yard.

I feel lighter than I have for years. And I know that PF does to.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!

Adjective Queen said...

I can't believe it. Finally! That's great news!

QueenBee said...

That's great news! Nothing like a little extra cash! Congratulations!