Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Love without boundaries

I have thousands of children that I love. I've never met them and probably never will. However, I am connected to them because my eldest daughter is their sister through their shared life experience.

I just wanted to do something for these kiddoes. Right now Facebook has a competion going on for charities. Love without Boundaries is in the lead. I would like for themm to win. I'm going to do my part but I wanted to do more. Back in the beginning of December Love without Boundaries had to close down their emergency response because they had run out of money in their general funds. They could no longer respond to the urgent needs of babies abandoned with major health problems. On Christmas morning the director found out about two baby boys with similiar medical issues that required IMMEDIATE medical attention. They had tumors on their backs that had ruptured. Without immediate surgery those two boys would die; the orphanages did not have the means to provide the medical care so they asked Love without Boundaries to help. I know the director of LWB personally and I have a feeling that she took her own personal money to help these two boys.

So if you want a chance to start the New Year out doing a good thing please check out: Facebook Challenge

If you are worried about how much of the money goes to the children they serve I can tell you that they only have a 3% overhead because the board of directors and the founder are all volunteers. Should they win this competition they will have the funds to help emergency cases again. I'm going to link their blog to mine so if you would like to read more you can.

No comments: