Friday, January 25, 2008

Sickness abounds in our house lately. MI suffered a horrible head cold all weekend long. She continues have problems with her nose. Sometimes her head gets so congested that I know she has to be in agony. She's been a real trooper through all of this. Although, she did bite another child at school yesterday. DQ has had a cold too. Her's brought on a bit of larygnitis. It was fun to listen to her as she tried to talk. Oddly enough ST hasn't had anything abnormal. Just the normal allergy stuff.

Now PF is down. He's at home today. He's dizzy. I forgot to get the bed table out for him. I didn't want him walking around since he resembles a pin ball bouncing off the bumpers. I'm worried he's going to end up tilting.

Wondering about me? Well, I feel okay. As long as I don't bend down or roll over while laying down. It feels like it did when I had BPV. So I'm sure I'm having an inner ear issue. I'm just not sure whether it is caused by a virus or if it is BPV. If it is BPV it will last way to long and get progressively worse. Luckily if that happens I know what I will need to do, and I won't need to spend money at the doctor's office.

Another thing that is new is ST is getting an appliance to try to break the thumb sucking habit. The issue here is that her thumb is preventing her big teeth to come in properly. If we can break the habit then the teeth will come in well and perhaps we won't need to get her braces. I weighed the situation and decided it was worth a try. So ST has been going to the orthodontist for the last 2 weeks. Yesterday they made a mold of her mouth.

ST's appointment was too early to get DQ out of school, too. I spent the morning yesterday trying to figure out what to do with DQ. I finally decided to take advantage of the school's transportation system. DQ road the bus home. I'm now realizing I never got my house keyes back from her. I hope they are in the house or somewhere else that is safe. DQ felt so special riding the bus home from school. ST was so out of sorts about not getting to ride the bus home from school. I kept telling her that her time would come. Although I don't feel very comfortable about giving her the house keyes. I'm afraid she would loose them because she would keep showing them to the other kids. ST is such a flighty little thing.

1 comment:

Adjective Queen said...

I love the school bus system. It's been a lifesaver for us.

Hope you are all feeling better soon.