Thursday, January 03, 2008

How's this for crazy

Last night I could not go to sleep. I laid in bed awake. My thoughts were running wild. I worried about my children. I worried about my house that we are trying to sell so we won't be bankrupt in 2008. I thought about those two baby boys in China. Can you believe it? I really, really thought about applying to adopt one of them. I mean these guys need a family, don't they? DQ needs someone in the family that looks like her in some way. (Last night she was upset. She finally realized that my hair color is not black but dark brown. Her words were, "Now I don't look like anyone in the family!")

As I laid awake, I thought about Adj. Queen. While I worked closely beside her low those many years ago and listened to her complain about her lack of sleep I often did not appreciate her the Cross she bore. Now I am TOTALLY sympathetic. Or is that empathetic? I walk in her shoes. It is horrible to lay in bed while your so lays there softly snoring, totally oblivious to the situation you are enduring. In fact PF started to have a nightmare. So I started to rub his belly and whisper that it's okay. PF awakes and apologizes for waking me. I told him not to worry. I was already awake and hadn't slept a wink yet.

This was a couple of hours after we had turned out the light. Here's something to giggle about. I don't know if you'll remember that I had a nightmare where I was screamming really, really loudly after watching the movie, Cars. Well PF had watched Dogs and Cats with the kids recently. His dream was inspired by something in that movie. I told him we really needed to stop watching these children's movies since we keep getting these nightmares. That got us to laughing pretty hard considering it had to be about 1:00 AM.

Well after the belly laugh PF falls quickly asleep again. I'm beginning to think he suffers from narcolepsy. Depending on how tired PF is he can fall asleep in the middle of talking to you. I'm serious. One minute he's saying, "Let's go buy..." You never know what it was he wanted to buy. The man is asleep. I digress. When PF falls back to sleep I continue to lay there waiting for the blessed event to happen to me. It finally does but I don't know how or why because my brain continue to go around and around. And I went back to thinking about adding to the family. I'm going to have to research about those tumors.

2 comments:

Adjective Queen said...

Bless you, I wouldn't wish sleepless nights on anyone. I hope some of those issues can be resolved for you. I've been having dreams that the kids have rabies. What the heck does that mean?

Anonymous said...

Pubscent and pre-pubscent boys? Could it be that you view them as raging hormones equate rabidness?