Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Toothfairy's acomin'

Well my babies are growing up. I knew it was happening but today I had the shock of my life. Storyteller lost her tooth during lunch at school today. She was so excited! I was so shocked. ST bit into an apple at lunch. Her tooth got stuck in the flesh of the apple. When she pulled at the apple the tooth came out. ST said that she cried and that her friend, Amari tried to comfort her. I knew she had a loose tooth. We went to the dentist the 1st Friday in January, and the dental hygenist told me that Storyteller had a loose tooth. I didn't know about it until then. I certainly wasn't expecting her to lose a tooth first. Neither did DQ, I suppose.

Drama Queen has 2 loose teeth. They are far more loose than Storyteller's you can see them wiggle. But DQ seems relunctant to force the issue. Same dentist visit, I asked what DQ could do to loose teeth. The answer? ... WIGGLE THEM! She won't wiggle them.

Storyteller was so cute. The tooth has some blood on it. ST wanted to rinse the blood off. She was really worried that the tooth fairy would find it distasteful. My last words to her tonight were to assure her that the tooth fairy won't be bothered by the blood.

What amazes me so much is how small it looks in its little plastic bag. It looks way smaller than when it was in her mouth.

You may be wondering what my response to ST losing her teeth is. I started to cry. My baby lost her first tooth, and I had tears rolling out of my eyes. I was so happy for her but I also felt something else. There was a twinge of something, and I'm not sure what it is.

3 comments:

Adjective Queen said...

Wait until they don't believe in Santa Claus. Or ask you, as Sport did yesterday, whether or not W has vetoed any bills in his presidency. I looked at him in amazement. Where did that little baby go? He can practically get married now! (At least in India.)

Anonymous said...

Do you suppose, maybe, that the "something else" you felt was a certain regret &/or sadness that your baby is growing up? And a certain nostalgia for her babyhood? Or is that so obvious you can't bare to acknowledge it?

Where'd you get your new look?

pastgrace said...

Yes, I was saddened by my growing girl. It was such a shock. I really expected DQ to loose her teeth first. So when my "baby" lost her tooth it shook me up.

My new look came from a Google search for Jane Eyre. I think it is from a stage production for a musical of Jane Eyre. I've never heard of a musical but hey I guess they're making musicals out of anything these days.