Tuesday, November 13, 2007

It's been a while

It's been a while since I've posted anything. Nothing very extraordinary has happened of late. For those that remember DQ's puppy love from last year and would like a report-- it's over. She's found a new love. He is of Asian descent. It was rather cute because I asked her if she still liked the boy down the street. No it was "Matthew". He is Vietnamese but he can't talk Vietnamese. I thought it was rather cute that she felt compelled to report that he doesn't speak the language. DQ goes to Chinese school to learn Chinese every Saturday morning. She is doing very well. As is MI. The teacher reports that MI does very well for being an Anglo child. I laugh because I know that MI thinks she is Chinese. I'm living in dread for when she tells someone who is Chinese that she is Chinese. What are they going to think? I've tried to correct her but she will have none of it. MI believes and knows deep down inside herself that she is Chinese. Go figure.

Anyway, the other bit of news in our life is that ST is anxious about next year. Apparently 3rd graders do not have the same lunch and recess time as the 1st and 2nd graders. ST doesn't want to have DQ go on to 3rd grade because she feels abandoned. ST wants to have her sister with her during the 1st few weeks of school to play with and hang around. ST talks about this everyday know for the last couple of weeks. I am now beginning to wonder if I should call the school counselor to ask for help with this issue. I mean yesterday, ST asked DQ to flunk 2nd grade! So is it time to intervene?

Besides MI thinking she is Chinese MI is looking forward to when she is in school with her sisters. I hope that I can get into the school in time to get her enrolled in the all day kindergarten; otherwise, MI might as well get use to the idea of Catholic school for one more year. Maybe that is something that will help ST out. ST will be a 2nd grader next year and they use the 2nd graders to help the all day kindergarteners figure out how to get back to class after recess. Yep. I definitely need to talk to the school.

5 comments:

Adjective Queen said...

You need to do a turkey day post. I'm sure you have some pretty interesting stories! I caught a cold from someone and am a bit under the weather, but when I'm better, I'll post something to entertain you and LoonieC, my two faithful readers. Everyone else has dropped away. It's the busy holidays, I think.

pastgrace said...

I've been posting but after no one leaving comments I have lost my muse. I can't think of anything to write about. I'm no longer cute and clever.

pastgrace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
QueenBee said...

I think it's cute that MI thinks she is Chinese. It reminds me of when my kids thought I am White. It took a long time to convince them that I'm Black.

Anonymous said...

Queenbee-- LOL! I think that's cute. pastgrace