Saturday, September 22, 2007

I am a rhinoceros

My house is a major user of electricity. My husband and children leave the lights on in the house. They will leave a room and leave the lights on in the vacated room. This drives me crazy! Perhaps because I come from a home where we were severly reprimanded for the above infraction.

Thursday night I came home to find the house lit up like a Christmas tree. So I announced that I have a new campaign. Of course this led to explaining what campaign means but that is besides the point. The point is my conservationist husband refuses to conserve energy. Electricity in particular. He leaves lights on in the garage. I wake up the next morning-- wandering out to the garage and low and behold the light is still on! IT'S BEEN ON ALL NIGHT! GRRRRRRRRRRRR! This is not a one time occurance it is a habit of his.

Does anyone remember the movie "The Gods Must Be Crazy"? There is a scene in it where a rhinoceros runs into the camp and stomps the fire out. Well that is how I feel. I'm the lone rhinoceros running through the house turning off the lights. Well if you click on the link scroll down to the bottom of the entry. I have joined the ranks of legendary stuff. I will continue to wage my war against lights using up the electricity. And I will continue to think of rhinoceros everytime I turn out the light or make a child turn out the light.

3 comments:

QueenBee said...

I am a rhinoceros also. That is one of my many pet peeves. I also hate when people open the refridgerator and stand there with the door open.

Anonymous said...

YES! I agree! The refridgerator door hanging open happens in my house alot too. Passionfruit defends it with, "I was only trying to help you." GRRRR. Then I end up looking like a meany. Oh well, just the other day MI told me that daddy was being mean. (He won't buy her an ice cream that she wanted.) pastgrace

Adjective Queen said...

Well, that's me as well. The lights are always left on. My dad verbally berated all of us for lights being left on, so I have major issues about it. Plus, I want to do my tiny part to help conserve energy. It's hard when everyone else is so oblivious.