Sunday, May 27, 2007

I did it!

After twenty some years of not shaving my legs I went and shaved my legs today. It started in the morning. The razor I had was rather dull, and I didn't have any replacement blades so I went out and bought more.

So this evening I finished the job. I now have legs that are a brilliant white color. My hair provided a certain amount of color that I don't have in my skin. Perhaps someone might expect me to feel free, smooth and fresh. Well, I'll tell you how I feel. I miss the feel of the air ruffling my hair legs. I don't especially like the glowing white of my legs but I'm not about to start tanning. I still have my principles.

I have to tell you Passionfruit's response is rather funny. He is mourning! He accused me of being vain. I had to explain to him that I did not do this for myself or him but for DQ. I also have a hypothesis that the other mothers will treat me or at least look at me differently. Passionfruit can't believe it but I reminded him that women see all and judge all. Passionfruit has never met my legs without hair. I'm afraid that he won't do very well with this new condition that he finds my legs.

What might you wonder was the catalyst to such an action? This morning DQ was totally rude to me because I won't let her have what she wanted since she hadn't finished what was on her plate to begin with. I remember getting up; going to my room and getting in the shower. While in there I took up the razor I keep in there and started shaving my legs.

I wonder how long I will keep this up. I can't say that I'm particularly happy with the results. What's really funny is-- I didn't cut myself once! I don't remember ever being so successful in my earlier life. I've made sure to moisturize my legs. I even gave myself a pedicure this evening. I would rather have read a book. Oh well, I just hope DQ will one day realize how much I love her. I don't want to embarass her anymore than I already do by being her mother.

1 comment:

Adjective Queen said...

I know how ruthless kids can be when it comes to their mommies being "different." I think sometimes it's better to lose the battle but later on, win the war. When DQ appreciates what it means to be unique, she'll really appreciate you!