Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Whaddya do with three very disappointed girls?

I meant to write this blog about a week ago but the main problem was trying to keep three very disappointed girls. We tried to catch our flights to San Fransisco, April 14th. We waited in line for 3 hours. We waited at the ticket agent's desk for 30 minutes only to find out that we won't be leaving for San Fransisco until Tuesday. The flights were all messed up from the tornado down in the Dallas area.

So we arrive home all packed with no where to go. So we went to breakfast. Then we tried to find something fun to do on a horribly cold, damp day. We found ourselves at the local mall. Okay. Saturday finished.

Now Sunday. What to do. We go to Mass and participate in the the Easter egg hunt and the pancake breakfast. I ended up going home with two extra little girls. Guess that will become a ritual for us. Invite the family of the two extra girls to an impromtu dinner with us. They bring the pizza and I provived the salad and dessert. Did I mention this family is a rather large family? 11 kids and 2 parents. Luckily the older kids are pretty much on their own these days and don't hang with the family that much. At one point I walked through my living room where 8 children were playing in small groups. I have to say I really enjoyed watching them. I wonder if my mother ever felt that way about us. There were 5 of us.

Monday drags around. What to do!~ Kids are beginning to melt down. I don't send them to school because I figure that would mess the school up. I had already told the school the girls would be gone a week. We played outside. I planted a gallon of Maiden grass. The girls rode bikes during the day and played outside. Finally I resorted to the television. We had a Scooby Doo marathon and ate dinner while watching the shows.

Finally Tuesday rolls around. We are up long before the dawn cracks. The only thing that makes this worthwhile is that we are flying First Class all the way to San Fransisco. I've never flown 1st class before but there is a difference. I was amazed how the hot, moist towel can really refreshen you. The food was amazing. It was great.

2 comments:

QueenBee said...

I hope you guys had a good time. Sometimes I feel like such a meanie because I don't want extra kids over, even to play. I barely have the energy and patience for mine. I envy women like you! Amazing!

Adjective Queen said...

I'm with you, QueenBee. I shudder to think of extra kids over, although I don't mind taking them places. Also, the thought of taking 3 little kids on an airplane ride -- I'd have to be shot full of tranquilizers before even attempting such a thing.

You, PastGrace, are a better woman than I!