Saturday, April 28, 2007

San Fransicko... No that's San Francisco Part 2

Miss Independence pronounced San Francisco as San Fransicko. Pretty cute huh? Well she took it to heart while we were there. MI developed a fever, runny nose, a cough and goopy eyes. It all came together when she tossed up her lunch from "the transportation day" all over the hotel bed.

Passionfruit and I debated whether we should take her immediately to the doctor or wait for tomorrow. I wanted to wait. Since Passionfruit was still dressed I told him if he wanted to go he could. I wrote down all her symptoms and sent him and MI on their merry little way.

Two hundred dollars later Passionfruit comes in with MI. He doses her up and puts her to bed. Might, I add that this is a bed where Passionfruit and I were sharing with MI. When she tossed her cookies, we lost one of the pillows. I spent the night trying to share two pillows with two other individuals. I was left in the crack quite literally.

In the morning my cousin who lives somewhere in South San Francisco caught up with us. We had plans to go down to Fisherman's Wharf. Getting there turned into an adventure because MI threw a huge temper tantrum. It was pretty bad. MI threw herself on the sidewalk and cried and screamed. A group of Japanese people came along. They were so concerned for her and were ready to send out a search party for the parents. The neat part of this was everyone of them were dressed in Kimonos! I let them know that the mommy was near by.

Finally we get down to Fisherman's Wharf. It was down at the wharf where the girls really got to see the interesting people of San Francisco. There were people dressed up and painted in silver. I gave what few coins that I had to DQ to put in the cup of one man acting like a robot. Once she dropped the coins in the "robot" checked out what was put in and he made a tsk tsk noise and shook the cup. I don't think DQ knew what to make of this character. The man dressed in silver won't let people take pictures of him unless you gave him money.

We decided to go to the aquarium and do a cruise of the bay. To quote DQ, "Let me tell ya! The Oklahoma aquarium is far nicer than the one on pier 39." Still I think the girls enjoyed running around and looking at the animals.

Then we were off to the boat for the cruise around the bay. The wind was really cold so the girls cuddled up close and listened to the cheesy narrative. It was fun. DQ perked up when we were passing by Alcatraz. She had lots of questions about what a prison was and how did one end up in prison. DQ also asked questions about the Native American take over of the island. I was really surprised by her question.

While we had wandered around the pier 39 Storyteller saw a bungee jumb swing. She begged me to let her go on it. I was done spending money for the day so I told them that she would have to use her own money. She agreed and the next thing I know she is bouncing up and down and spinning around. DQ surprised me to death when she wanted to do it. She did it. DQ did try the spin/turn and she didn't like it. But she seemed okay with the bouncing up and down. I was so proud of her. Normally she is so timid about things like that. MI wanted to do it too. She was amazing. Her feet went passed the frame of the rigging. MI drew a big crowd. People were amazed that she was doing it and having so much fun.

We ended this outing with lunch at the Rain Forest Cafe. The girls loved it and I enjoyed it, too. I had a drink there. It was called a Margarilla. Orange sherbet and tequila. I wasn't sure about it at first but it was pretty good.

I will continue the saga of San Francisco because I have to tell ya all about our date night.

2 comments:

Adjective Queen said...

I wonder why you didn't get on the bungee? That would have been hilarious! Like mother, like daughters.

pastgrace said...

I like my body too much to wing it around space risking whiplash. I also was aching from a horribly bad bed.