Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Out of the mouth's of babes

Miss Independence has struck again! Sunday we had a large family gathering to celebrate a couple of birthdays. This is an important ritual and no one is allowed to beg off. I know... I've tried!

Anyway near the end of the evening my niece who is pregnant got up to leave because she was tired. This prompted MI to jump off the lap she had been sitting on for several minutes and announce in a loud voice that "Babies come from your privates." This pronouncement sent several adults into fits of giggles.

Then as though MI wasn't pleased with the response of the embarassed adults. MI runs to her cousin and starts stroking her swollen belly. This is a belly where the belly button has started to "pop". I made the mistake of telling MI that that wasn't my niece's privates.

Now for the final embarrassing situation. MI reaches down and grabs my niece's privates. My niece's husband, young man that he is, had already turned red with the early episode now he was a brillant red. I just put down my head and shook it.

When will I learn to keep my mouth shut? Passionfruit wanted me to chronicle this event. I had the hardest time wanting to put this down. Yes. It is amusing but I'm also slightly embarassed by the impulsiveness of my child.

3 comments:

QueenBee said...

That is hilarious! I thought I was going to have a heart attack when LP called my aunt's doll MFs. What will they say next?!

Adjective Queen said...

It's only the beginning of many, many more to come, if I know MI. You'll treasure this memory.

Anonymous said...

Is there a book kids read to find the most humiliating things they can do in front of adults, or are they twisted from birth? Ah, had you only gotten the scene on video, you could have gotten it in cash.