Thursday, July 30, 2009

Toe nails

Ever since my dad died 5 years ago I've let my toe nails grow. I was a ballet dancer. To wear pointe shoes you could not have long nails. My father use to get so angry with me because I cut my toenails so short. I understand he worried about in-grown toenails. My family has horrible problems with them. My dad suffered from the especially.

Now I'm letting my nails grow. Althoughs years while I danced I never had any problems with in grown toenails. But the past few years I've had more of them. They are not pleasant. One winter I had to wear sandals because of a flair up.

While I was pregnant, my toenails grew so quickly. I got so large I couldn't cut them myself. I was at the mercy of PF. It was funny; he would cut them short like I did while I was young. It would drive me crazy because it caused a funny feeling in my toe.

I'm back to being able to cut my own nails. It's time for them to be cut. In bed the sheet drags on them and pulls them down. I laugh to myself and think of my father. I have toe nails now. I wonder what he would think of them.

3 comments:

kayrose said...

Next you will be contemplating your navel.

kayrose said...

Actually talking about ingrown toenails makes me think of my own. I do my own surgery on my toes. I used to drink a few shots of scotch to deaden my toe so it wouldn't hurt too much. Now I just have to suffer. And suffer I do. I can't stand to have anyone touching my feet so I have to do them for myself, true I'll never be pregnant, but being as chubby as I am I may as well be. I probably resemble a large beachball rolling around on the bed as I do the surgery. I bet Tiger must get tempted to give me a swift kick to see if I bounce. Enough of my silliness. So much for ingrown toenails.

pastgrace said...

LOL! Word pictures! Word pictures! I can see it.