Friday, February 15, 2008

All I want for Valentine's Day

Well most women want some sort of metal for Valentine's. Okay, precious metal with a stone attached. This year I wanted the metal in my scalp out of my head. It was also the day that our drive way got fixed. You know we don't want any unwanted drive ways lying around. :-0

Seriously, our house was suffering from drive way thrust. Our house is down hill from our drive way. The cheap builder only put in a tar joint at the apron of the drive. Well the physics in play here it anytime someone approached the house and applied the brakes on their vehicle caused the drive to smash into the house. Eventually over time the house would have been knocked off the stem walls and foundation. This is much worse than foundation sagging. Luckily we caught it in time so we don't have that kind of damage. We now are proud owners of a drive way wiht 2 expansion joints-- one on the approach on the other at the apron. There are approximately 4 strips of rubber in the cut they made in the concrete. They went all the way down to the sand bed of drive.

This project took longer for them to complete than they expected because our drive was thicker than normal. They could only go so far with the nifty concrete saw. The rest of the way they had to hand chisel it out.

So this messed up my plans. I wanted to go in the early afternoon to get my staples out. Instead I got to the urgent care place around 5:30. I got them out. It didn't hurt as bad as I was expecting. The good thing was PF and I got to eat at the Indian restaurant that we like. So we did have a Valentines date after all. We weren't planning on one. So it was a nice surprise.

No comments: