Monday, February 19, 2007

Lenten Thoughts

As a practicing Catholic I enter into the coming Lenten season with much confusion and indecision. Almost every year I struggle to find something to give up in preparation for Easter. This year is no different. What should I give up? I suggested to Passionfruit that perhaps I should give up pleasure reading. He said I ought to give up my new addiction. Ever hear of Alchemy? It's a computer game from Pop cap games. I've become somewhat addicted to it. My older sister, Sister Sister, introduced me to it indirectly. She gave our daughters her cast-off computer. It's on that computer. I finally learned to play the game and now I'm hooked. I even dream about it.

So now I sit here trying to decide what I should do for Lent. Will it be pleasure reading or Alchemy?

1 comment:

QueenBee said...

I'm not Catholic, but I have practiced Lent and this year I was thinking that maybe I should. I was wondering the same thing...what to give up? I can think of a lot of things I could do...sweets, tv, screaming at my kids, the list goes on. I think you should give up alchemy. I mean, can we really give up reading? That would be difficult, but now that I think about it, maybe that's the purpose of Lent.